07 January 2008

Bias Tape Zippered Pouches


What was I saying in that previous post about not wanting to run out and buy a zipper just to make a zippered pouch? Well, scratch that, once you see these cute zippered pouches and the awesome purlbee tutorial that goes along with them, you'll want to make one too!!

I couldn't contain my excitement when I read about these -- it's BRILLIANT!! Instead of making a simple-old-zippered pouch where the interior seams eventually fray - and you'd never take the time to hand stitch in a lining - purl uses this great Japanese technique where you stitch in a simple piece of bias tape around the seam, and wa-la, you have quickly created a simple and gorgeous zippered pouch that will last forever!

This was such a breeze, and turned out so well, I could seriously go into the zippered-pouch- making-business! I'm making a pouch for everything I can think of... pencils, glasses, notions...

No comments: